September 1, 2016

TRAVELLING AROUND



I was wondering about travelling, how to organize a trip!

Many friends of mine ask me often tips about hotel, restaurants, what to visit, the latest spots.... Maybe you think that I travelled around the world, .... not yet! 

Years ago, a journalist friend of mine asked some tips from Barcelona. A few weeks after my tips were in the newspaper!!! She said that she had the feeling to know the city before arriving just reading my tips! At that time, I didn't have any idea that one day I would write a blog!!!

Travel for me begins when the decision where to go was taken! I particularly love the 'pre' trip and I think that it is part of the trip when you arrive and know the place! 

Internet made a revolution in organization of a trip, sometimes can confuse us with the quantity of options. Then, take care, organize items by the subject.

In my opinion, the www.skyscanner.com gives a good idea of flights considering prices and connections. Don't forget to check in the net if the place that you are thinking to travel needs a visa!

Hotels, apartments, houses. Internet gives us a large opportunity to search places comparing prices. Take time to study the city that you are planning to visit and decide where you want to stay. There are so many sites and among that I like: www.booking.com , www.i-escape.com , www.homelidays.com , www.mrandmrssmith.com and www.airbnb.com





Guides.... A lot of people think that it is expensive and/or useless. Personally , I think that can give you an upgrade to your trip. Use internet guide as www.lonelyplanet.comwww.cntraveller.comwww.fodors.com . You can also buy them on your Kindle, did you ever think about?

Need to rent a car? Skyscanner has also the best deals. Use it!

The luggage! Almost everybody panics when the subject is luggage. Living in one city and my beloved in another, I became minimalist about what to bring on
a trip. Travelling is our routine as well as luggage. We use to wear 1/3 of what we bring, do you notice that? Choose comfortable shoes and be smart depending on the seasons that you are travelling.

I wish you good luck for the next time that you organize a trip, use your network of friends to have some tips about restaurants and check www.tripadvisor.com

No comments:

Post a Comment